About Me

I am here to show you my journey. So far it has been a tough rough but I am very excited to share it with you. I was very scared at first, but this is something I needed to do, for myself. I am so inspired by so many people around me that I only wish to be half the inspiration to at least one person. The path I am on has many highs and many more lows but I know that where I will finish will be worth every single minute of every sacrifice that has been made. Always have faith in yourself but put that faith to good practice. I will make it.. tell your momma! ;)

1.12.2011

visions mean something.

back when i was living in miami, i had about 30 pictures or so of victoria secret and sport illustrated models all over my room and behind my door.  every time one of my friends or family members walked in, they would either question me, ask if i was ok, or just make fun of me.  what was the point of this? well, at this point: i still had dreams of modeling but the main reason these pictures were up was to motivate me to lose weight.  fast forward a couple months.... i lost 40 pounds.  

now, maybe a couple months before i moved to new york, i had this desire to cut out some magazine pictures of giselle, adriana, and some shoots that i wanted to do and i put them all in a huge piece of poster board... wrote a couple of quotes on them and viola, i had my first vision board.  that stayed in miami.  

it wasn't until recently that i reached out to an acquaintance for some advice on the industry and she brought up the vision board which got me thinking about mine and why in the heck i haven't done it here! i mean, that just wasn't like me! so what do you think i did? go on... i'll wait for you to guess.... uh huh.... yes! i made a vision board. well, started it that night.  that night being yesterday. and finished today. :)

so this is what i think- you can't just sit on your romp and wait for whatever it is you want to magically manifest in your life, you need to have your goals clear and keep them in front of you.  essentially, its the law of attraction. believe that its out there waiting for you to grab it. make the connection: see it on the board.. see it in you life. and connect it. make it come to life. it can happen.  again, this isn't meant to be some 'magic trick'- this is your constant reminder for you to take the actions needed to have these goals come to life. to stay motivated and focused on a daily basis.  

...and thats exactly what i wanted to do with my vision board.  i put things for my personal growth and of course, for my career.  i will look at it every single time i walk in my room, wake up, walk out, lay down... everything. and every time i do, i will process my goals and aspirations and i will not only think of ideas of how to reach those goals but i will see myself attaining each and everyone of them. one step at a time.  





2 comments:

  1. Mi estrellita dorada.......keep it up!!! Keep the fire burning!!! Sigue echando lenia al fuego para que te mantenga caliente.

    I love u with all my heart, no desfallezcas nunca, puede estar al dobrar de la esquina.

    Con todo mi amor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good insight i might just make my own...hum you think i can find enought pictures of Shemar Moore and Wade?

    -tina

    ReplyDelete