About Me

I am here to show you my journey. So far it has been a tough rough but I am very excited to share it with you. I was very scared at first, but this is something I needed to do, for myself. I am so inspired by so many people around me that I only wish to be half the inspiration to at least one person. The path I am on has many highs and many more lows but I know that where I will finish will be worth every single minute of every sacrifice that has been made. Always have faith in yourself but put that faith to good practice. I will make it.. tell your momma! ;)

10.22.2010

model latina nyc.

i didn't want to write about this but since the finale party was 2 days ago and i did not attend, it has been on my mind quite a bit.  so i was one of the lucky15 chosen to be on the show, model latina nyc, on SiTV that started airing in the beginning of august.  the point of the show is basically, one girl gets chosen to represent the network as their 'model latina'- mind you, she needs to have more than just beauty.  encompassing class, brains, and all that comes with it.  teehehe. bueno,  let's talk about prizes.  the winner walks away with a hosting gig from SiTV (nice!), $25,000 (not too shabby), and what was on MY mind the entire time.... a contract with q model management.  stayed tuned to watch who wins...

so. what happened? my ass got eliminated.  twice. ha.  but here's the thing.  i get eliminated because...well, the first time for reasons we will never know.  maybe it was just for tv. i mean, they do want drama, and they did bring me back.  who knows and at this point. it doesn't even matter.  :) now, the second time- pfft. bs. you couldn't see me through the picture? gimme a break.  if the competition was really about 'a picture'- most of those girls would have gotten sent home a long time ago.  but again, null and void.  i wish everyone i worked with a lot of success because honestly, there is a lot of room for everyone in this world to succeed.  we can't be greedy.

the show was a great experience, keep in mind that it is a reality tv show... but you know what, reality is reality.  what was said, was said.  and you can choose to do either one of two things- flame the fire, or walk away.  i chose to walk away. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yami, success is a journey. Just keep on moving forward and keeping the faith.
    Remember Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    It might not come when you expect it but it's still on its way. Nothing can hinder your harvest or what God has planned for you!

    ReplyDelete