About Me

I am here to show you my journey. So far it has been a tough rough but I am very excited to share it with you. I was very scared at first, but this is something I needed to do, for myself. I am so inspired by so many people around me that I only wish to be half the inspiration to at least one person. The path I am on has many highs and many more lows but I know that where I will finish will be worth every single minute of every sacrifice that has been made. Always have faith in yourself but put that faith to good practice. I will make it.. tell your momma! ;)

10.20.2010

here it is.

so it has been about 9 months since i moved out to new york from miami and so far i'd say its been ok. others, on the other hand, looking from the outside in, would say it has been amazing adventure for me. i mean, so far, i have been in glamour magazine, on a reality tv show (Model Latina NYC on SiTV) and even walked New York Fashion Week! maybe these things let my family and friends back at home know that i am becoming "known" in the modeling industry...but in reality, these are merely drops in the ocean. Let me explain...


in november of last year i made a very rash decision to move to new york. it was because of my older brother that i am here, he was actually the one that booked my one way flight while he was with me on the phone.. i did not tell anyone until the night of thanksgiving dinner when i broke it down to my family. "what are you going to do for money?" is what my parents kept asking me...."i'll figure it out"- is what i kept repeating. in my head i kept thinking that my severance money from my previous employer was going to hold me off until at least the next year... boy, was i wrong. lets fast forward a little bit- by this point no one thought i wanted to come to new york to "model"- they basically thought i just wanted to come because i have always wanted to come live here. i kept it very secretive because of what i was going through within myself. my insecurities. what people would say of me. what they would think.


regardless, i wanted to try it out- it has been what i always wanted to do since i was a little girl. so i did. i came out here on jan. 6 and i have never been happier in a city. honest to God, this city brings me to life. as soon as that plane touched down, i felt like i was home and there was no looking back. i knew what i had to do and the only way to go was up. i looked up castings and such and found Model Latina NYC- went for it and got it! got casted for season 3 and unfortunately, or fortunately (whatever your take on it is), i didn't win. got booted off the show and cried myself all the way back to my tiny apt in the west village... maybe it was my looks, or that they already knew what they wanted or maybe it was my lack of confidence... but i sure have learned a lot from that experience and from these past 9 months here in the city.


i wanted to create this little escape to vent just as a map of my journey to my goals that i have set for myself. i have many that i will lay out here. many that are extremely hard to attain. but i will not stop until i do.  i will try to be extremely vulnerable here. something that is VERY hard for me to do in my personal life. just because i need to grow as i person, i need to rid myself of the insecurities that tie me down and continue to fight the battles within my own mind. 


people need to reach for more and this is me reaching.  i want to succeed.  i am no where near where i want to be.  i have much, much, more to go.  will you follow? 


1 comment:

  1. Personal growth is a process. As long as you are aware of your flaws and working on changing them then you are growing as a person.

    I think that you have a natural internal beauty to compliment your external beauty and that's why people recognize your beauty whether you are glammed up or not.

    Try to think more positively, our thoughts shape our reality. I am in no way, Mr. Confident or secure, but I have found positive thoughts do help. You are unique, special, and the only Yamile Mufdi out there! One of a kind:)

    ReplyDelete